Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The IM post AKA Funny how some things never change....

In college, I was always a procrastinator. I rarely finished a paper before it was due. The night before.... the class period before.... So here I am a month later, back to my Library 2.0 experience. Last month, before I became a terminal slacker, I signed up for Meebo. IMing is something I've been doing probably since high school. I have MSN, Yahoo, and AIM. In college our big thing was ICQ and I don't even remember my info for that account....

ANYWAY... Meebo. The thing I like about Meebo is that a) you can log in to all of your accounts at once, and 2) you don't have to download the software for each messenger to your computer. I can see this being a really great thing for ready reference in Reference Departments. As Grant, NE is being dragged kicking and screaming into the technological age, it is not something we will be incorporating right now. However, if we ever get a webpage up and running, it would be something I would consider doing as one or both of us is almost always near a computer when we are open. When I signed up, I talked to Christa rather briefly which made me glad to know I did sign up and add people correctly. :) Now, on to conquer the world of RSS.

No comments: