Monday, October 27, 2008

Nebraska 2.0 -- here we go!

Hello fellow Library 2.0 bloggers!

I am finally jumping on the bandwagon, so to speak. I'm Robin from the Hastings Memorial Library in Grant, not to be confused with Hastings PUBLIC Library in Hastings. We are much smaller, much closer to Colorado...

As a person somewhere along the border between Generations X and Y, technology has been a part of my life for a very long time. I remember in grade school we used to race to the library to get on the good ole Apple IIC's and play Oregon Trail (which I still maintain is one of the greatest games EVER!). Boy, have we ever come a long way from there! I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy, but this new Web 2.0 movement has shaken my faith a little bit. There is WAY to much that I don't feel like I have a good grasp on anymore, so I am excited to take this journey with y'all and see how much I can learn.

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Tell me about it!! I've used computers for years, both at home & at the library. I've purchased, set-up, repaired, taught patrons to use them, built web pages, networked the library,automated the library, etc. but this 2.0 stuff just isn't anything I've ever given any time too. It's interesting but I just don't know how much of it will ever become an everyday part of my life.

Linda